We were admitted into the hospital after a very long night in the ER. We had a really long day today, but here is where we are:
There is no explanation for the pain. The good news is all serious causes have been ruled out. While it is frustrating not knowing where the pain is coming from exactly, it is comforting to know that all of the life threatening possibilities have been eliminated.
We will stay in the hospital at least one more day. Beth needed a blood transfusion due to low blood counts. If the counts were not up, there was a chance she would not receive chemo as scheduled. There is still an outside chance her blood counts will be too low, but it seems very unlikely at this point. During the transfusion, her pain medication was administered in pill form rather than IV. Her pain was excruciating. Only the IV medicines worked. After consideration, we decided to stay overnight for pain management and hopefully she will be able to get chemo in the hospital.
Please pray for several things to occur.
- Beth needs her chemo to start Monday. The stent had helped her liver function but the blood transfusion needs to have boosted her blood counts to an acceptable level.
- The pain is unbearable. Pray for the cause to be discovered or to be miraculously healed. Everything is easier to tolerate when you are not doubled over in pain.
- Pray for the doctors and nurses as they communicate with each other about Beth’s treatment.